Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Serve 4 portions
This chickpeas and mixed pepper stew is good for celiac, vegans and vegetarians. It can be eaten with rice, potato, roti, bread, pasta, quinoa and couscous.
75ml- olive oil
½ tsp- whole cumin
1 stick of cinnamon
1pcs – diced onion
1pcs- diced red pepper
1pcs- diced green pepper
1pcs -diced yellow pepper
1tbsp -ginger and garlic paste
1tbsp- ground cumin
150g chopped tomato
1 small tin of cooked chickpeas
20g- sliced dried apricot
Juice of half an orange
Salt and pepper to taste
1tsp-chopped fresh parsley
1tsp- chopped fresh thyme
- Heat a wide bottom pan with oil then add the whole cumin, cook until dark brown.
- Add cinnamon sticks then gradually add the chopped onion, diced red pepper and yellow pepper, and fry it for a few minutes on medium to high heat.
- Add ginger & garlic paste to the pan and quickly fry until the onion and peppers are soft and slightly brown.
- Add green pepper and cook another minute then add chopped tomato, half of the freshly chopped thyme and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Add cooked chickpeas in a pan and cook it for two minute.
- Add ground cumin, salt and pepper on it.
- Pour 250ml warm water, sliced apricot and orange juice.
- Cook it on slow heat with lid for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth saucy.
- Remove the lid and stir with an extra chopped thyme, parsley and olive oil.
- Now the chickpeas and mixed peppers stew is ready to eat!