Serves: 4. Prep Time: 20 Minutes. Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes.
A complete meal in a bowl, with the rich, satisfying taste you only get from slow cooking.
– 900g lean Irish beef fillet, cut into chunks
– Low-calorie cooking spray
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 6 small onions, peeled and quartered
– 2 celery sticks, cut into 2.5cm pieces
– 6 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
– 125ml Guinness
– 800ml beef stock
– 1 tbsp beef gravy granules
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 bay leaf
– A small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3.
2. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and
place over a medium heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until browned on all
sides. Next, add the vegetables, Guinness, stock and gravy granules. Season
well and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a medium
casserole dish and cover. Cook in the oven for 1½-2 hours, or until the
beef is tender.
3. Remove from the oven and scatter over the chopped parsley before
To lose weight and enjoy family friendly winter warmers like this, pop into any of my groups and we’ll show you just how easy it can be!
Wednesdays 9:30am & 5:30pm at St Mark’s GAA Club Springfield, Tallaght. And Fridays 9:30 & 11:30am at The Maldron Hotel Tallaght. Call Sandra 0851484669