When life gets tough, or when you are working towards happiness and fulfilment, its important to have a solid foundation. Having the right tools is half the battle. Unfortunately, when times card hard we tend to neglect our health and this can create a negative snowball effect. Here are five ways that you can build your number one tool: Your body!
1. Before even looking at nutrition or exercise, sleep and water intake is so important. Sleep is so vital for body repair and also for your brain to store memories and process information. Your body needs a lot of water. You should never feel thirsty. Drink water throughout the day and prioritise sleep, your mind and body will thank you for it!
2. Vitamins, minerals. micronutrients and phytonutrients – our cells require these to function. Often, we focus on exercise and nutrition when we think of health, but cellular health is the real core.
3. Get active. Please, your body needs it. Your muscles need to be able to pump the blood back to the heart. It helps both physically and mentally to move, we all know this.
4. Eat well. Listen to your body. Try everything and see what works best for you. What does your body respond best to and what makes you happiest? Enjoy your meals, try out some new recipes. You should feel energised after eating.
5. Lastly, take care of yourself mentally and emotionally. Trust your gut and pay attention to what your body and soul are telling you.