We hope this news finds you keeping well and enjoying the great summer we’ve been having. We’ve had a busy summer ourselves, our work of late has included:
– Applying for new funding opportunities and proposing new programmes to support those impacted by substance misuse
– Supporting whole families, some of who are caring for children impacted by substance misuse
– Responding to emerging trends, including an increase in crack programme initiatives
– Looking at ways we can increase support to our frontline community drug services
– Allocating our Education Bursary Fund which is reserved for people in recovery from substance misuse and wish to further their education
– Continuing to promote the harms associated with alcohol misuse
– Welcoming Minister Catherine Zappone to the Tallaght Drug and Alcohol Task Force to showcase the fantastic collaboration between WASP and CARP in Killinarden. These two services have come together to increase supports to whole families in the Tallaght Wide area who are impacted by substance misuse
– Organising an exciting fundraising event – a celebrity football match in conjunction with Tallaght Stadium will take place on the 31st of August 2019 @3pm. You can purchase inexpensive tickets on shamrockrovers.ie
We are also continuing our support for and promotion of the Crimestoppers campaign. Our posters are still displayed across our communities of Tallaght and Whitechurch. We are promoting use of the link on our Facebook page, Website and various media sources. We hope that Crimestoppers has made as big of a difference as last year, where the largest number of calls to the line came from our area of Tallaght and Whitechurch. We sincerely thank you for your assistance. Please know that your call and feedback is making a difference!
Crimestoppers is supported by our colleagues in An Garda Síochana, Tallaght; they too believe it has been a positive campaign. The information received sometimes is common knowledge but at times the information is unique and has had positive outcomes. We are asking people once again to use the Crimestoppers line to report any incidents of drug dealing and / or drug related crime, including intimidation – Phone 1800 25 00 25. If you have any information, however small, on drug dealing or related crime, please make the call! – It’s completely safe and confidential. Together we can help make our communities safer and a happier place to live in.
TALLAGHT DRUG & ALCOHOL TASK FORCE ARE RECRUITING NEW COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVES. Are you frustrated by drugs or drug related crime in your area? Do you think you could represent the voice and needs of your community? Do you have a view on drug / alcohol misuse and related issues? If interested please use details below to apply.
A more localised directory is also available on our website.
For more information on any aspects of the work of TDATF, please feel free to contact us:
Niamh McGuinness,Senior Development Officer: ph464 9303 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiona Murphy, Alcohol Development Worker: ph. 464 9300 or email email@example.com
Breda Byrne, Administrator: ph. 4649306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org