Throughout 2017 Recycle IT in conjunction with WEEE Ireland and South Dublin County Council organised free “door to door electrical recycling days across Dublin. These days take place weekly in different areas of Dublin including South Dublin, Dublin City and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
During 2017 over 660 tonnes of waste was collected or dropped off for recycling in Clondalkin which is the equivalent of 300 truckloads of mixed electrical items or 660,000 electric kettles.
For 2018 there are several options available from Recycle IT to recycle your old electrical and electronic equipment. These include;
- Householders can bring their old or unused electrical or electronic items to Recycle IT in Clondalkin for free.
- Community collections are offered free across Dublin through the year with householders notified in advance of the collection day for their area.
- Residents Associations can arrange a free collection event for their estate or road.
- Assisted collections are offered free to people requiring help with lifting or moving electrical items from their homes, gardens or shed.
- Schools, charities and community groups can recycle all dual-purpose home and small office electrical and electronic equipment using a free collection or drop off.
- Organisations of all sizes can arrange a free “WEEE to Work” collection which allows staff to bring electrical items from home. All dual-purpose electrical items from the office can also be included!
- Cost effective personal and business collections can be arranged for those with an immediate electrical recycling need.
Remember all sizes and all types of old and unwanted home or small office electrical and electronic goods can be recycled free of charge, really anything with a plug or a battery. You can check www.recycleit.ie for their opening hours or view a list of items recycled.
About Recycle IT
Recycle IT is a not for profit social enterprise offering electrical, electronic and metal recycling. Services are provided in partnership with WEEE Ireland. Recycle IT are supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development through Pobal, South Dublin County Council and authorised by the National Waste Collection Permit Office and the local authorities across Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow.
For more information on the recycling of electrical or electronic goods email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Martina or John on 01 4578321.