After an absence of 2 years due to Covid restrictions, the St Patrick’s Day parade returned to Clondalkin Village and thousands hit the streets to support the event.
The organizers believe that this year’s parade may well have been the biggest attendance ever with estimates of 10,000 lining the streets in support. It was also bittersweet for the parade as Vincent Dolan founder and director of Clondalkin Youth Band retired after 37 years and passed on the baton to the new Director Neal Christopher on the viewing stand.
Grand Marshall Tommy Keogh assisted by his grandson Fionn were driven in style through the village leading the parade in a 1954 Red American Chevrolet followed by over 30 Community Floats.
Awards for the best floats on the day were;
- Best dance group – Funky Steps
- Best walking group – Round Towers GAA Club.
- Best visual display – Newlands Taekwon-Do Club
- Best float – Signs & Logos
- Best newcomer – Gladiators
- Most creative entry – Eco warriors
- Best overall – Friends from Ukraine
- And Long service acknowledgment award – Vincent Dolan