South Dublin County Council has been shortlisted in ten categories at the annual Chambers Ireland Excellence in Local Government Awards.
The Council has been recognised for the following projects:
- Redevelopment of Killinarden Park and new Green link in Supporting Sustainable Communities
- South Dublin County Council Development Plan (CDP) Public Consultation in Best Practice in Community Engagement
- Zooming through Lockdown in Health & Wellbeing
- The Dodder Greenway in Supporting Tourism
- Tallaght District Heating Network in Local Authority Innovation
- SDCC Pollinator Action Plan 2021 – 2025 in Sustainable Environment
- The Creative Studio as part of NCL (North Clondalkin Library) in Best Library Service
- Policy for Rightsizing and Allocation of Age-Friendly Accommodation in Age-Friendly Initiative
- (SnaGÁCT) Seachtain na Gaeilge Átha Cliath Theas in Festival of the Year
- Grange Castle Pocket Park in Heritage and Built Environment
The Awards, sponsored by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, are held to recognise and celebrate the outstanding work being carried out by Local Authorities all over Ireland. Awards will be presented for Local Government Excellence across several different categories and one local authority will be awarded the overall award and named Local Authority of the Year 2021.
The awards will be hosted via an online ceremony on Thursday 18 November 2021.