Serves 4 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
140g fresh salmon fillet
60g goat’s cheese
80g cooked & chopped organic beetroot
10g chopped spring onion
1tsp chopped fresh coriander
½tsp chopped green chili
1tsp ground mustard or whole grain mustard
1tsp toasted fennel seeds
1tbsp lime juice
1tbsp olive oil
Seasoning to taste
Fresh coriander cress
- Firstly skin and pin bone the salmon fillets then chop into very small pieces.
- Make small individual balls of goat’s cheese with your hand.
- In a separate bowl, mix gently the chopped salmon, beetroot, spring onions, green chilli & coriander.
- Then add mustard, fennel, seasoning, lime juice & oil.
- Mix it well with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer tartare to a clean bowl & cover with cling film. Leave in the fridge until needed.
- Remove the salmon tartare from the fridge & place onto 4 plates.
- Decorate with goat’s cheese, coriander cress & lime wedges.
- Serve immediately as starter.