Kachilla is the Nepalese way steak tartare is made with freshly chopped buffalo or lamb meat and Himalayan spices.
600 gm raw tender buffalo/lamb meat
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon ground chillies
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon shallot/red onion
200 ml mustard/olive oil
1 teaspoon fenugreek
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon chopped green chillies
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1. Chop fresh tender buffalo or lamb meat very finely and put into a mixing bowl.
2. Add ginger, garlic, coriander, ground chilli, cumin, salt, shallot/red onion, green chillies and half of the oil into the meat and mix it well.
3. Heat the rest of oil in a frying pan, add fenugreek seeds and cook until dark brown.
4. Add ground turmeric into the heated oil and immediately pour over the meat mixture.
5. Mix well until all the spices are combined.
6. Transfer to a clean bowl, Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating
7. Serve with beaten rice or puff rice or any green salads.