The Mayor of South Dublin County Council, Councillor Mark Ward, will officially launch South Dublin County’s Health and Wellbeing Week 2018 on Monday 10th September.
Health and Wellbeing Week highlights the ongoing work that agencies, community, and voluntary groups organise throughout the year, with the aim of promoting active lifestyles and improving the health and wellbeing of those working and living in South Dublin County.
Health and Wellbeing Week offers a wide range of activities and programmes aimed at residents of all ages in the county. This year, there are over 60 free events taking place around the county.
In October 2016, the National Network of Healthy Cities and Counties Ireland officially named South Dublin County Council as one of two new Healthy Cities and Counties.
South Dublin County Council are running five Flagship Events during Health and Wellbeing week:
• Opening Ceremony at Adamstown Youth & Community Centre on Monday 10th September at 11am where schoolchildren of all ages are taking part in a fun physical activity programme alongside the official opening by the Mayor.
• Tallaght Health Fair will take place on Tuesday 11th September from 10am to 1pm at Fettercairn Community & Youth Centre. No booking is necessary.
• Four showings of the Film Michael Inside, written by a local school teacher and staring a local Killinarden actor Dafhyd Flynn. Booking details in brochure on www.sdcc.ie .
• Moodwatchers Seminar with Shane Martin, a psychologist dedicated to teaching the very best of self-help psychology that empowers people to enhance the quality of their lives. This will take place in Rua Red on Tuesday 11th September at 10am. Booking through email@example.com.
• The week will finish on Sunday 16th September with a “Team James” Run for Fun fundraising event, for Barretstown, beginning at 11am in Corkagh Park. To register visit www.popupraces.ie