Serve – 4 people
Preparation time – 25 minutes
1bunch – green asparagus
1tbsp – rapeseed oil
8pc – quail eggs
1tbsp – lime juice
100ml – double cream
½tsp – ground turmeric
Seasoning to taste
1 handful of finely shredded parsnip, carrot & spring onion
200ml – vegetable oil for fry.
Method for Asparagus
1. Rinse the green asparagus with cold running water, cut the bottom woody hard part from asparagus spears.
2. Boil the spears in salted boiling water for 1 or 2 minutes then transfer to iced water to keep green colour.
3. Remove from water and dry them well. Then move to a small tray & marinate with salt pepper, lime juice and oil.
4. Heat a frying until very hot then place marinated asparagus on a very hot pan.
5. Grill nicely until a smoky grilled mark on asparagus.
Method for Quail eggs.
1. Add water with salt in a small saucepan and boil until fast rolling boil.
2. Drop the quail eggs gently using a small spoon.
3. Cook the eggs for 4 minutes, drain off the water & gently peel the eggs with running cold water.
4. Cut the eggs into half & transfer to a clean bowl.
Method for turmeric cream.
1. Heat a small pan then pour cream & lime juice, bring to the boil until reduced.
2. Add turmeric, salt & pepper then mix it well.
Method for crispy vegetable strings
1. Heat oil on medium to high heat in a saucepan. Add the finely shredded parsnips, carrot & spring onion and fry until crispy.
2. Gently remove the vegetables from oil with kitchen skimmer & transfer to paper towel to soak the excess oil.
To assembly asparagus and quail egg
1. Dress the grilled asparagus & quail egg on a plate and pour the turmeric, lime, and cream sauce.
2. Finally add the crispy vegetable strings. Now our grilled asparagus & quail eggs with turmeric, lime, cream is ready .