The Friends of the Camac recently took part in a very interesting tour of the Slade of Saggart following the river Lisheen from Aughafarrell in Brittas to Saggart from where it is then called the river Camac, continuing on its way through Corkagh Park in Clondalkin, flowing on to Drimnagh & Inchicore, alongside Kilmainham Jail Museum before entering the Liffey at Kings Bridge beside Heuston Station.
The Tour was led by local Saggart historian Mervyn Ennis. A highlight of the tour was the discovery of the wonderfully named 4 arched bridge in the scenic Slade of Saggart called the Crooked Bridge. This once beautiful bridge was also called the Downshire Bridge, was built around 1760. The bridge measures 100 feet long & 24ft 6ins wide and is badly in need of conservation. Today under the SDCC County Development Plan, the bridge is listed as a Protected Structure, ref no 370. It is described as a Stone Bridge of Four Consecutive Arches. It is also a Recorded Monument DUO21.