Collinstown Park Community College award ceremony for graduates of our Further Education Courses will take place on Thursday 18th October 2018 at 7.00p.m. This year over 150 students will be presented with award certificates.
The college runs an extensive further education programme including full time PLC Courses, full time VTOS Courses and part time BTEI Courses. The Further Education Department of Collinstown Park Community College has been in operation for over 20 years now, providing education and training for the local community and further afield. The college has a number of provisions for learners who are unwaged/unemployed or in receipt of Social Protection payments which allow people return to education while retaining their benefits. These includes VTOS and BTEA for full time students and BTEI for part time students.
The college is delighted with the success of this year’s graduate students, many of whom have gained employment since completing their qualification. Some students have chosen to continue with their studies and we are very proud to have graduates now studying on degree programmes in NUI Maynooth, Trinity College and the Institutes of Technology in Tallaght and Blanchardstown. Most of our students come from the local community and surrounding areas, over the years we have developed strong links with local community groups and provide training for many of those involved in CE schemes.
This year’s graduate cohort include the following groups;
- Information Technology: These students have completed an Information Technology programme to qualify as IT and Network Support Technicians. Depending on the course Students will be presented with a combination of awards to include QQI Level 5 , the ECDL certificate, the CpmpTIA A+ award and CISCO CCNA. Graduates form these courses have been very successful in progressing to employment or further studies in the IT sector.
- Business Studies with Computers: students will receive a QQI Level 5 Business Administration award.
- ECDL: Students from this course will be awarded with the ECDL and a QQI Level 5 minor in award Reception studies.
- Hairdressing and Beauty: Students from this course will receive a QQI Level 5 award in Hairdressing
- Beauty Therapy Course: Students from this course will receive a QQILevel 5 award.
- Early Childhood Care & Education: Students on these courses will be awarded a QQI Level 5 and in some cases a Level 6 award.
- Special Needs Assisting: Students from this popular course will receive a QQI/Level 5 award.
- Nursing and Health Care Support: Two different QQI Level 5 awards will be presented to students on our Nursing Studies and Health Care Support courses.
- Social and Community Care: Students from this course will receive QQI Level 5 awards in Community Care.
- ESOL: English Language students on this course will be receiving a QQI Level 4 award.
- Return to Learning: Students from this course will receive QQI Level 4 award in Communications, IT Skills and Historical Studies.