This very simple Nepalese sweet dish is so easy to make at home.
1 kg fresh sweet carrots
150g caster sugar
2 tbsp butter
2 crushed green cardamom
1 tbsp ground coconut
1 tbsp chopped cashew nut
1. Carefully peel, wash and grate the carrots with handheld grater.
2. Fry the crushed cashew nut in a wide pan with butter.
3. Remove the cashew nuts from the pan, leave aside.
4. Add cardamom into the same pan and quick fry for a few seconds then gradually add grated carrot to the same pan. Fry carrot to cook for 5 minutes until it turns soft.
5. Pour cream into the carrot and bring it to the boil, stir from time to time while boiling to prevent it from burning on base.
6. Cook it on medium heat to evaporate the liquid from the carrot.
7. Add caster sugar, Mix it well and cook for a few minutes.
8. Add ground coconut and cashew nuts into the carrot and cook it for 5 minutes.
9. Now carrot hulwa is ready to eat, it can be served warm or cold with mix nuts.