Preparation time- 30 min Cooking time-15 min Serve- 2 to 4 people
350g grated soyabean tofu
250g cooked and grated potato
1 tbsp chopped green chilli
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
50g chopped red onion
1 tsp awjain
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground chilli
½ tsp ground turmeric
50g chickpea flour
50g chopped tomato
Salt according to your taste
1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
50ml frying any oil
Methods for preparation
1. Add all prepared ingredients into large bowl except for the oil and half of the chickpeas flour.
2. Mix well to combine all spices. Do not over mix.
3. Add a little bit water in your palm and make individual round, thick and flat shape using the palm.
4. Coat all prepared potato and tofu chap/cake/tikki with rest of chickpeas flour.
5. Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of oil.
6. Place prepared chap on the pan and fry it on medium to high heat for about 1- 2 mins.
7. Gently flip it and fry the other side until brown and crisp.
8. Remove from pan and transfer to paper towel to absorb the oil from chap.
9. Serve immediately with any fresh salad and chutney.